Please check this page often for updates!
- Learning the Shell
- Free Linux command line ebook
- Video 1: Logging into a Linux server (note: use student.cs.uni.edu as the server host name, NOT diesburg.cs.uni.edu)
- Video 2: Linux Shell Commands and Transferring or Creating Files
- Video 3: Compiling and Running C Programs
- Linux commands cheat sheet
Sample C Code
Tools to Interact with a Linux Server
- PuTTY: A Free SSH Client
- Winscp: Free SFTP, SCP, and FTP client for Windows.
- Or, use Filezilla, which works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Nano, the simplest Linux programming editor.
- Vim, one popular Linux programming editor.
- Emacs, the other popular Linux programming editor.