- practice your object-oriented design skills
- practice your communication and team-work skills
Task: Object-Oriented Design of an ATM Machine
Split into groups of three students. In the two hour lab period, your group is to describe the software system to control an automatic teller machine (ATM). You design should:
- identify the key components, or objects, in the system
- identify the main responsibilities of each object
- identify the main communication paths among them
To document your design, each group should, turn in:
- a one page description identifying the key components with a list of their main resposibilities.
- a class diagram showing the communication paths between the components (example on yesterday's handout)
- interaction diagrams for scenarios that describe the most common uses of the machine (example on yesterday's handout)
Your group only needs to hand in a single copy of your design. Make sure that the names of all group members are on the design. Turn your design into me in Wright 321 when you are finished.