Animated GIFs and PhotoShop Filters (Fall 1998)
How does the gifmerge program on chaos work?
What does it
do? This exercise has 5 questions. Please work with your neighbors in
the November 30th lab and discover and discuss the answers together.
Click here to see the ocean ripple filter
effect on the zebra skin.
- How many frames does the ocean ripple animation have? Make a guess.
The first ____ frames of the animation
used an ocean ripple filter.
- What filter was used for the last _____
- The files were named mystery01.gif, mystery02.gif, mystery03.gif, ...
What was the command that was used to create the animated gif file
that is displayed?
- This link should help you answer these questions!
Slow motion replay.
This links to some more animation examples,
including a Joan Osborne album cover honoring the 1996 Olympics.
New material from Tuesday, November 28th, 2000 class.
gifmerge command gifmerge -h output as well as the
command history summary from the 11/28 class.
- The animation created in class using
Excel, WordArt, VBA and macros, PhotoShop 5.5 and then chaos gifmerge program.
- The 2 seconds per frame, SLOWED down
animation created by using the -200 extra gifmerge option, to have a delay of
2 seconds instead of 0.5 seconds default.