It's Hip to be Square
Taking what you learned in Activity 1 let's do something a little more
What you will need
- For this assignment you may use any of the following blocks from the
- The following blocks from the menu
- The and
For this assignment you should write two separate programs - SquareTracer1
and SquareTracer2. Each program should, when
the green flag icon is pressed
- Do a "places everyone" by moving the cat to his "home position" (the center of the stage) and erasing anything currently on the screen.
- Have the cat wait two seconds
- Have the cat draw a square by moving from where he is to the "upper right", "lower right", "lower left" and
back to the "upper left" corners of the square in that order.
- Have the cat "leave" a trace of a square as it moves around the stage.
- Move the cat out the way so we can SEE the square.
- Leave no other traces as it goes
I see two very different approaches to solving the problem described above:
- Using coordinates for the movement around the square
- Using nothing but "move" and "turn" blocks for the movement around the
Call me over to demonstrate your two programs when they are done.