Cognitive Walktrough Materials (G8)
You need to submit three copies of:
- Detailed scenario descriptions for
at least three of your
project tasks (including two of the tasks for which you have current scenarios
from your previous task analysis).
- Your most up to date paper prototype. This time around the prototype should not consist of lots of extraneous post it notes for drop downs and pop up menus. Instead, your prototype should consist of an organized list of single page "screen shots" (this can still be hand drawn). If pressing on an icon causes a pop-up menu to appear than you should have two screen shots - one without the pop up and one with the pop up.
- Copies of the "user profiles" for the users you reference in your scenarios.
These three documents should be coordinated. That is, you should include an up to date and
numbered/labeled prototype. The scenarios should be expressed in terms of
standard interface widgets/concepts
reference specific screen labels when screen changes occur. For examples:
- press the button marked
- pull down the menu labeled ‘FILE
- follow the 'Schedule' link. This takes you to screen 13
- Go back.
This takes you to screen B"
scenarios should be expressed in terms of YOUR user interface. A guideline for
evaluating a scenario is that a person familiar with the type of software
(e.g., web, windows, phone app, etc) but not familiar with the task should be able to follow
You are required to
submit three complete copies of this deliverable.
One of these copies will be used by me for grading. The other two copies will be distributed to two other teams for use in future