Deliverable #0 - Project Ideas
By 11 PM on Tuesday, January 17th you should send me an email containing a brief write-up for two different project ideas you now have for this class.
Each writeup/idea should consist of
description of the project problem domain.
- What types of users
might use your program?
- What approach(es) would users currently use to address
this problem. This might be paper/pencil based or computer based,
but either way, make sure you fully explain what it is that a user would
- Why is this current approach (or multiple approaches) currently
- What kind of data and/or knowledge will be needed to run your system?
- Where will you obtain that data/knowledge (is it seeded, learned, a
combination of approaches?)
- What technique(s) do you think might help in this approach (for example, but not limited to: rules-based, search, artificial neural networks, genetic algorithms, fuzzy logic, etc).
I am going to ask that you pick two very different projects to describe, not just two domains for what is really the same main idea. That is, don't propose a project to play Mario Bros and a project to play Donkey Kong. In fact, you probably shouldn't even propose two completely different video games unless you can convince me that these are two completely different approaches. Similarly, a project to diagnose blood diseases and a project to diagnose automotive problems are probably TOO similar.