Software System Submission
- You will submit a single tar'red
file (one possible tutorial) which will be extracted into a single directory that bears the name
of your system. This directory must contain everything
necessary to install, start up, use, shut down, and test your software.
You should create sub-directories as necessary to organize the files that
make up your system software.
- Assume that I am lazy. That is, I would rather not read the users
manual. Therefore, there must be a file in the top-level directory named README.TXT
that describes in detail the organization of the files in the directory.
Yes, I know that installation and start-up procedures are described in great
detail in your system manuals, but again, I am too lazy.
- Your tar'red, and gzip'ped submission should be
submitted to me on a CD
- If you believe that your software can be "easily" installed on my laptop and executed at my own discrection, you should follow the directions above.
- If you believe that your software involves too many extra services and packages (eg, the two lung cancer teams) then you should make arrangments with me for all the members of your team to meet with me during finals week for a 20-30 minute code walk through where you will demo the code and discuss the design with me.