This week requires a bit of coordination with your small group. You will spend less time working on your own and more time working with your small group partner.
The schedule listed below isn't one you have to follow on exact days. But it is a proposed schedule for the project.
Day 1 - Ind
- Read the instructions for the activity Don't actually start it yet. Just read the instructions and look at the data file.
Day 2 - SG
- Spend approximately 45 minutes getting started. When you start to hit a hard wall in the 30-60 minute time frame, quit for the day.
Day 3 - Ind
- Walk away from your actual code. But continue to think about the problem.
- If you want, take some notes about ideas you have and troubles you are encountering.
- But the point is, you should be actively thinking about the program - not programming.
Day 4 - Ind
- When you are finally ready for some structured guidance, watch the following video:
- Panopto Discussion - Watch this video BETWEEN meetups #1 and #2 this week. Do NOT watch this video until you have spent an initial block of time writing code with your partner and reflected on your own afterwards.
- After the video, spend some more time with paper and pencil only thinking about the program.
Day 5 - SG
- Spend another hour trying to wrap it up with your team.
- Hopefully you can get it completed in this session.
- If not, schedule another meeting with each other.
- If necessary, schedule a chance to meet with me to talk about what's stumping you.
After Small Group
- Make sure that your small group has working code on Replit (0/1)