Helpful Links for Programming
- Python - Download the latest version of python from python.org
- MySQL Python Connector - Be sure to get the version number that matches the server!
- Use pip to install mysql-connector-python, see section below.
- sakila_starter.py - Sample python code that connects to the sakila database
Getting and Using pip to install mysql-connector-python
- Use this command:
- In Windows, get to the command screen by running the command "cmd" in the task bar/start menu.
- In Mac, get to a command screen by opening the terminal program.
- In Linux, if you do not have pip installed, you may have to run "apt install pip3". Then use "pip3" instead of "pip" in the command.